Sunday, August 26, 2018

August 26 Update

Dear Parents and Guardians,

I hope all of you are doing well.  I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to three new members of the McCall staff with whom you may interact during the school year.  They are Mr. Terry Sheehan (Assistant Principal), Ms. Mary Ellen Madden (Middle School Special Education Supervisor), and Ms. Lynn Vozzella (School Nurse).  Below are some information about these three colleagues to help you to get to know them.



I am Terry Sheehan and I grew up in Melrose.  I went to UMass Amherst where I majored in History.  During the summers in college, I worked as a deckhand for tour boats.  I was able to work full time on the boats in Boston while I was at UMass Boston getting my Master Degree in Education.  After teaching Social Studies for 11 years at East Middle School in Braintree, and completing a Master Of Education in Administration at Boston College, I joined the staff at Wilmington Middle School as an Assistant Principal in 2008.  I worked last year as an Assistant Principal at Groton-Dunstable Regional Middle School.  When a similar position opened up at Winchester, I jumped at the opportunity to become part of the McCall staff.  I am looking forward to working with everyone as we get started this Fall.

I live in Medford with my wife, Debbie, and my two daughters, Aine, who will be starting 7th grade, and Julia, who will begin 5th grade.  I am a runner, albeit a slow one, and a die hard Red Sox fan.  

I can be reached at tsheehan@winchesterps.org if you need to contact me.





  

I am Mary Ellen Madden and I have been the Special Education Supervisor for Lynch and Lincoln Elementary Schools for the past 2 years.  Prior to working in Winchester, I worked in the Wilmington Public Schools for 13 years as the Special Education Team Chairperson. I bring a wealth of experience, knowledge and expertise to my new role and is enthusiastic to be part of the McCall community. 

I can be reached at mmadden@winchesterps.org if you need to contact me.






My name is Lynn Vozzella and I will be the full time school nurse at McCall this year.  I am very excited and honored to have the opportunity to care for and support all McCall students.  I have been the Lincoln school nurse for the past ten years.  I can't wait to reunite with my former Lincoln students.  Before Lincoln I worked at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for 17 years on a medical floor.   I hope you all had a restful summer and look forward to a great year.  

If you need to contact me regarding any health issues with your child my email is lvozzella@winchesterps.org or you may call the health office at 781-721-7026.




In addition to these three new staff members, I would also like to welcome Ms. Allyson Hayden and Ms. Karen Coppola whose hiring was finalized this past week.  Ms. Hayden will be joining the faculty as the ELA Teacher on the 7th grade Marathoner Team.  Ms. Coppola will be the Science Teacher for the 6th grade Titans Team.  I would also like to congratulate Ms. Ann Marie Tan who was recently named the district's Service Learning Coordinator; therefore, she will be leaving her position as the Social Studies Teacher on the 6th grade Gemini Team.  We are in the process of finalizing the hiring of a new teacher to succeed her.

Thank you and enjoy the upcoming week!

James Lin
Principal
McCall Middle School