Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sept. 29 Update


Dear Parents and Guardians,

I hope you are well.  As you know, tomorrow is scheduled to be a half day for students in order to give all teachers and staff the opportunity to attend professional development sessions so they can advance their skill sets.  I am very pleased to announce the Social Emotional Learning sessions are at a high demand.  That means McCall teachers and staff are electing to further their learning in this area.  I am looking forward to seeing how our teachers and staff will be integrating what they will be learning in the PD sessions into their practices.

I would also like to give everyone an update on the Phase II Expansion Project.  This week the contractors started putting the steel beams in place.  This is an exciting step forward because we can start seeing the skeleton of McCall’s new wing being built.  I am attaching a few pictures to help you see the work that is being done.  I am also happy to say that teachers like Mr. Tom Awiszus is collaborating with the Phase II contractors to have them help the Technology and Engineering students further their learning about construction.  This is authentic learning at its very best!






Thank you and I wish you all a great week!


James Lin
Principal
McCall Middle School